NFL Draft 2023 Scouting Report: S Brandon Joseph, Notre Dame. Spent the first three years of his college career at Northwestern. He was expected to be drafted last year, but Joseph opted to transfer to Notre Dame and play one more season. Statistically, he was worse than the previous two, when he was named to the Big Ten All-Star team.
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 87 kg
40 time: —
30 tackles, interception, punt return touchdown, forced fumble
- Plays the ball well and wrestles hard
- has excellent field vision and understanding of the game
- aggressive, always aims for an interception; technical handwork
- very agile
- able to play across the field
- Does not have elite speed and cover skills unstable, makes mistakes on tackles due to his style of play
- needs to improve in route reading
- not always quick to get out of blocks
Safeguards with experience in different cover schemes. Most effective in zone defense, operated both deep in the backfield and closer to the line of scrimmage. Had a high number of interceptions and dropped passes in early years of his career. Understands and reads the game well. Not a versatile player in terms of skill set, acting against the pass is not his strong suit. Capable of playing as a free-safety in NFL, could be useful on special teams early in his career.