NFL Draft Scouting Report: Derick Hall, Auburn
NFL Draft 2023 Scouting Report: LB/EDGE Derick Hall, Auburn Tigers. Played high school basketball in addition to football and was a state finalist in the 200 meter dash. At Auburn, he was a rotation player for one year and played three seasons in the starting lineup. Was named to the SEC All-Star Team following the 2022.
Height: 190 cm
Weight: 113 kg
40 time: —
60 tackles (11.5 with loss of yards), 6.5 sacks, interception, 2 forced fumbles.
- Excellent build and long arms
- strong physically
- plays hard and aggressive
- defends well against takeaways
- can be useful in cover
- sees the field well, fairly fast
- At times too rushed
- trying to break into backfield, can miss runner with ball
- didn't play too consistently in college, partly because of frequent coaching staff turnovers
Over the past three years, Hall has established himself as a pillar of the defense of a struggling Auburn. Despite some instability, he has been quite productive, making 22 sacks in his career. He's explosive, big and powerful, confident against tight ends. He's athletic but in terms of flexibility and maneuverability he's inferior to elite pass rushers. He must also improve his technique, especially his handwork. He will be useful against the carry on the early stage of his career but may be useful later on as a starter's cage.