NFL Draft 2023 Scouting Report: WR Kayshon Boutte, LSU
Kayshon Boutte was one of the top 100 recruits in the class of 2020. Already in his debut season, became LSU's most efficient receiver and set an SEC record with 308 yards per game. In 2021, became the team's all-time leading rusher in yards and touchdowns, though he missed half of the games due to injury.
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 86 kg
40 time: —
538 yards and 2 touchdowns on receptions.
- Very good hands, able to catch almost any ball so that he can move forward immediately
- regularly wins tackles even against bigger defenders
- very quick and explosive, a threat in the backfield
- can play both edge rusher and slot receiver
- Suffered serious injury in 2021
- sometimes lets ball bounce off his chest on catches, needs to improve concentration
- had several conflicts with team coaches during last season
Boutte's forte is recruiting yards after the catch. LSU made the most of this quality of his by playing fast short passes. He is very quick and agile and knows how to make his opponent miss. That said, Boutte has trouble concentrating, isn't very technical with his feet, and doesn't have a great catching radius. Much of his problem lies in the area of psychology. If he can deal with that, he will grow into a top receiver and at the NFL level.
Read Also: NFL Draft Scouting Report: BJ Ojulari, LSU